NEW DELHI: Even as the International Court of Justice (ICJ) at The Hague ordered to put on hold the execution of Kulbhushan Jadhav, the Indian national who has been sentenced to death by a Pakistani military court for alleged espionage, India on Friday said it still has no information about his appeal status.
When pointed out that Jadhav's appeal period ends on Friday, External Affairs Ministry spokesperson Gopal Baglay said at a media briefing here: "We have no information but certainly the mother of Jadhav had sent a petition with the appeal through the High Commission of India and it was handed over to the Pakistani authorities."
He said that Pakistan has also not responded to the request by the family members of Jadhav for visas so that they could go and meet him.
Jadhav, a former Indian Navy officer, was allegedly arrested in Balochistan in March 2016. Pakistan said Jadhav worked for the Research and Analysis Wing (RAW).
A military court sentenced him to death on April 10 on charges of espionage and waging war against Islamabad.
But, in a major diplomatic, moral and legal victory for India, the ICJ on Thursday asked Pakistan not to execute Jadhav pending its final decision and inform it of the steps being taken to implement the order.
- #VEILREAL is trending at 10 in Japan
- GENE is trending at 9 in Japan
- リストバンド is trending at 8 in Japan
- #Bリーグファイナル is trending at 7 in Japan
- #サウクル is trending at 5 in Japan
- Knights is trending at 4 in Japan
- 挟み撃ち is trending at 1 in Japan
- Tral is trending at 10 in world
- #TresPalabrasQueOdio is trending at 9 in world
- Zbigniew Brzezinski is trending at 8 in world
- #blackhairchallenge is trending at 7 in world
- 아라시 is trending at 6 in world
- #JawaharlalNehru is trending at 5 in world
- #ShowtimeMAYpaandar is trending at 4 in world
- 나이츠 is trending at 2 in world
- #IggyFeatAnittaOnFallon is trending at 1 in world
- Su-30 is trending at 10 in India
- Rs 5,000 is trending at 9 in India
- Rahul Gandhi is trending at 8 in India
- #HealthInModiGov is trending at 7 in India